Apex Legends Mobile Season 3 is just around the corner, bringing in a new legend, Crypto, to the game. The third Season of the game goes by the name ‘Hyperbeat’ and is expected to go live on 23rd August.
Crypto, the Surveillance Expert, is a recon legend that arrived in the PC version of Apex Legends with the third season. Although he is not the most picked Legend in the game, his abilities bring valuable insights to the team.
Crypto Joins the Game with Apex Legends Mobile Season 3
Crypto is coming to the mobile version of the game, but with some twist. The mobile game version of the legend will come with a tweak as compared to the PC game version. Crypto’s drone will automatically track nearby enemies for a brief duration in the mobile game. This feature is not available in the PC version.
Passive: Neurolink – Enemies and traps detected by your surveillance Drone are marked for your squad within 30 meters range.
Tactical: Surveillance Drone – Deploy a pilotable drone to surveil your surroundings. The drone detects enemy squads and battlefield hazards.
Ultimate: Drone EMP – Your Drone sets off an EMP blast that deals Shield damage, slows enemies, and disables traps.
A note by the developers reads, “Crypto’s drone has been redesigned for Apex Mobile. Now, the Drone can follow Crypto and automatically track nearby enemies for periods of time.”
Crypto’s Legend Perks
- Self Destruct: Destroyed drones explode after 3 seconds, slowing down and damaging the enemies caught in the blast.
- Hidden User: Crypto becomes semi-transparent when controlling the drones.
- System Scan: Crypto’s drone reveals an enemy’s HP and armor after 3 seconds of scanning.
- Shut Down: Crypto’s Ultimate also damages HP but cannot kill an enemy.
- Lag Bomb: Crypto’s drone can launch an EMP bomb that slows down and deals damage to enemies.
- Salvage Operation: Crypto’s drone can retrieve items.
- Battle Adaptation: Using Crypto’s Finisher adds 100 points to his EVO Shield.
- Restart: Using Crypto’s Finisher instantly repairs his drone or reduces the Ultimate cooldown by 30%.
- Interrogator: Using Crypto’s Finisher reveals the location of his target’s squad on the mini-map.
Apex Legends Mobile Season 3 Brings More Changes to the Game
Besides the new legend, the third season also brings a lot of other changes to the game. Following are some of the highlights of Season 3.
Town Takeover: Pythas Theater- Pythas theater lands at the Airbase in Kings Canyon. Players have to fight through Rhapsody’s POI-altering song to claim their rewards.
Ranked Update: Season 3 of the game will bring a rank reset like the previous season. Furthermore, the new season will also feature new rewards.
New Battle Pass: The new season will also bring a new battle pass, Hyperbeat, featuring various free and premium rewards.
Apex Legends Mobile Season 3 looks exciting, bringing in a new legend, battle pass, and much more. Furthermore, it will be interesting to see whether the tweak in Crypto’s ability increases its pick rate. For the latest updates and news stay tuned to our Instagram and website.