PGL Major Antwerp 2022 begins on 9 May 2022. To celebrate this grand event, Valve brings a CSGO New Map – ‘Antwerp Harbor’.
This will be the first Major of 2022 along with all the teams, players, and viewers from all across. PGL Major Antwerp will be live between 9th-22nd May 2022.
Moreover, it will feature a prize pool of $1,000,000 USD. The slots have been locked in with the best 24 teams from the RMR tournaments in various regions.
CSGO New Map :
In honour of the first CS:GO Major to be held in the Benelux (Belgium), the city of Antwerp, in collaboration with Lucy Agency, created a New CSGO Map that represents the city within the game.
Antwerp Harbor, as the name suggests, is based on the host city Antwerp. In addition, the map gives everyone a virtual glimpse of the city harbour as players continue to enjoy the game.
Mapshot created the new map ‘Antwerp Harbor’ in collaboration with Elvie group ApS.
In contrast, the map is free to use online, and the city of Antwerp has plans for an offline activation in a shopping mall.
Another fascinating thing is that Antwerp Harbour has various landmarks and other key elements of the city.
- The dazzling skyline that the city has to offer.
- Peter Paul Rubens, a Flemish artist and diplomat from the southern Netherlands, created masterpieces.
- Diamonds, since Antwerp is the world’s diamond capital for centuries.
- The map also features ‘Velo’ – Antwerp’s most popular bike-sharing service.
- Players can discover many more treasures in Antwerp.
PGL Major 2022 : Format
The PGL Major 2022 will have following stages –
- Challengers Stage : May 9th – 12th, 2022
- Legends Stage : May 14th – 17th, 2022
- Champions Stage : May 19th – 22nd, 2022
Out of these, the first two will be played in a studio setup. Meanwhile the Champions will be a LAN event with a huge live audience.
Valve has selected Antwerp’s Sportpaleis as the venue which has a capacity of 18,000 seats.
The tickets for the event are now available on the official website. Fans must not miss out on this grand event.