AVGC Task Force has been formed by the government. It will support Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comic sectors.
The Secretary of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry will lead the AVGC Task Force. Moreover, the team will submit its first action plan within 90 days.
The Task Force has representatives from the industry, universities, and the state governments.
Here are all the details of the recent announcement –
AVGC Task Force :
The AVGC Task Force will have the following secretaries –
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
- Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
The task force has the following members –
- S/Sh. Biren Ghosh, Country Head, Technicolor India
- Ashish Kulkarni, Founder, Punaryug Artvision Pvt. Ltd.
- Jesh Krishna Murthy, Founder and CEO Anibrain
- Keitan Yadav, COO and VFX Producer, Redchillies VFX
- Chaitanya Chinchlikar, Chief Technology Officer, Whistling Woods International
- Kishore Kichili, Sr. Vice President and Country Head, Zynga India
- Neeraj Roy, Managing Director, and CEO of Hungama Digital Media Entertainment.
Aims of Task Force :
Firstly, the they will design the national AVGC policy. It will come up with a national curriculum framework for study programs in the AVGC sectors.
It will help in learning new skills. This will be possible with institutions, vocational training centres, and industry.
One of the most important tasks would be creating job opportunities for the youth.
With the growing gaming industry, the team will have some new plans. This will help in market development and promotions.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced this task force during the Budget Session 2022. The govt. recognises the potential of the gaming sector.
The PM also supported the industry. He encouraged the youth to develop new games in India.
With this task force, India will have a strong AVGC sector. It will offer more jobs in this new field. The youth will surely take these sectors ahead globally.