LoL World Championship 2021 will start very soon. Riot Games officially announced the event. The event will be held at Reykjavik, Iceland.
Earlier, Riot announced that they will host the event in China. But due to Covid-19 pandemic, they didn’t host a LAN event.
LoL World Championship:
LoL World Championship begins on October 5 and ends on November 6. However, this isn’t a live event either.
It is very important to follow covid-19 protocols. Therefore, this tournament will be played in Hall A of the Laugardalshöll indoor sporting arena.
Moreover, the top 22 teams from various regions will compete in the LoL World Championship.
In addition, the official esports organiser announced –
“While maintaining our focus on ensuring the health and safety of everyone involved in hosting, producing, and competing at the event, Worlds 2021 will not host a live audience.”
The event will include 22 teams from following regions –
- China (4 teams)
- Korea (4 teams)
- Europe and North America(3 teams)
- Taiwan(2 teams)
- CIS (1 team)
- Latin America (1 team)
- Turkey (1 team)
- Brazil (1 team)
- Japan (1 team)
- Oceania (1 team)
Following teams shall participate in the event –
- EDG (qualified for groups)
- RNG (qualified for groups)
- FunPlus Phoenix (qualified for groups)
- Hanwha Life
- DWG KIA (qualified for groups)
- Gen.G (qualified for groups)
- Fnatic (qualified for groups)
- Rogue (qualified for groups)
- MAD Lions (qualified for groups)
- Team Liquid (qualified for groups)
- 100 Thieves (qualified for groups)
- PSG Talon (qualified for groups)
- Beyond Gaming
- Unicorns of Love
- Galatasaray Esports
- Infinity Esports
- DetonatioN FocusMe
- RED Canids
In contrast, Riot Games is hosting various events for the mobile version of LoL. LoL: Wild Rift launched this year. Also it became a part of the esports scenario too.
Riot is organising many official tournaments worldwide for their various games.